4.05.2011

mr. chesney


this past saturday i went to the kenny chesney concert with my older sister. my sister is ten years older than i am but the older we get, the more we have in common. we live in the same town but not close to each other. we both have busy lives and don't really find time for each other. well, besides family time or time spend to honor our children like birthdays, gymnastic meets, baseball games, and so on. it isn't anything bad. we actually both wish we had more time for one another but then life happens.

 this is my sister. isn't she pretty? sometimes we look similar. people either think we look alike or we don't at all. i'm on the fence. i suppose i don't see it more than i do. especially in this picture. i don't see it. there are obvious difference - her hair is naturally brunette when i'm a natural blonde. i enhance my color but it is my natural. she is at least 4 inches taller and has more of an olive complexion. i'm obvious more fair and i'm sporting a sunburn from my saturday morning run. i had no idea. she told me i was burnt but i didn't see it (or the sweet tank top lines) until i went to the restroom. i think it was margarita induced bc it wasn't there when i left the house. i swear. anyway, we're sisters and we love each other despite our conflicting schedules and lack of resemblance. obviously.

back to the man of the night, mr. kenny chesney.

this is the best picture i got of him. this is him on the jumbo tron. we weren't that far away from him but my cell phone would not take a good picture. i mean, wouldn't no matter how i tried.

kenny look like an angel. see:
i mean, he is heavenly. in a little kind of way. don't get me wrong, he is cute and puts on a great show but i couldn't stop thinking man, he is so small. i wonder if i would look huge next to him? i didn't say anything but after the concert my sister said that she thought she could take him. i knew that i wasn't the only person who didn't think he was a tiny man. dangit.

overall i had a really wonderful evening. i just have one complain. a big one.
this guy: 
he smelled so bad. i know, it's sad. at first i was so mad. he sat through the first performances and played some game on his phone. i just thought why would you pay so much moeny to play phone games? then as the concert went on and the arena warmed up, it started to smell. bad. at first i thought it was me (not who smelled but the only one who could smell it) but then i noticed the girls on both sides of me smelling it too. i mean, i just don't understand. at first i was mad but then i just felt bad for him. i hope he doesn't have this problem all the time.

anyway, this really put damper on my coastal experience but i would recommend anyone who likes country to go and have some fun.

my feet still hurt from my saturday morning run and then walking around in my boots all day. i know, i know - i don't expect sympathy. i brought in on myself. i just wanted to complain.


The more things change
The more they stay the same
Don't matter how old you are
When you know what I'm talkin' 'bout
Yeah baby, when you got

Two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love in an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoo-hoo bottle on the floorboard

Perfect song on the radio
Sing along 'cause it's one we know
It's a smile, it's a kiss
It's a sip of wine, it's summertime
Sweet summertime

No comments:

Post a Comment