6.25.2009

9 months...

Yesterday I was officially 36 weeks pregnant. Yes, 9 months and NO baby. Some of you might be scratching your heads. Don't worry. This is a common thought error. One is actually pregnant for 9 FULL months. 9 months, 3 weeks and 7 days. This totals 40 weeks. The day I realized this fact was a sad one. That is approximately 30 more days of carrying around this baby. I'm ready to see him, touch him and make those annoying sounds and faces at him in hopes that he'll crack a smile for his sweet mommy.
Below is a picture to mark this festive occasion. It was hot, like 103 hot but felt like 121 degrees hot, I was swollen and I felt like I could not physically get any bigger. This is why the joyful expression is written all over my face.


Yes, this is when you should feel bad for me.
Shower me with pampering gifts and pray, pray multiple times a day, that I have baby Hale asap.

I went to the doctor on Monday for a growth scan. This was brought about because my belly is measuring on the large size. Sounds lovely, doesn't it? Normal 36 week old babies weigh 5.5-6 pounds. No, not mine. James is tipping the scales at a 7 pounder. No, he is not a fish and therefore I did not celebrate. He is estimated to gain a half pound per week. This would put him around 9 pounds at delivery time. LUCKY ME. I can officially blame the hubs. Yes, I am aware he takes the blame for many of my pregnancy issues (i mean it is his fault. he did this to me.) but this time I actually have proof. I was a nice baby weighing 6 lbs. 5 oz. at birth. Ben was a mean baby weighing 9 pounds AND 14 ounces!!! James is already taking after pops. How sweet.

In the meantime, I plan to avoid the outside, prop my feet up and pray daily for baby James to have a healthy delivery. I will be getting pregnancy massages, pedicures and shopping for nursing outfits. Please, refrain from being too incredibly jealous....save that for when I blog about my BOB stroller. Enjoy the heat and drink lots of water!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot wait for the BOB....and JP of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda...you're adorable! You should totally be proud of your belly. Enjoy the next 4 weeks of being pampered. I really am kind of jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you look so pretty! Enjoy this time because it will be over before you know it! I pray that you are always in the AC and enjoy wonderful massages and pedi's until James arrives.

    ReplyDelete