9.02.2010

day two {favorite movie}

so, i've been thinking about this one since yesterday and obviously still haven't proclaimed my favorite movie.  1. i rarely go to the movie theater, 2. i'm SO out-of-date on the current movie selection and 3. i have a 1 year old little boy - need i say more?  therefore, i'm going to tell you my childhood favorite movie.  now, i still appreciate this movie but not like i did when i was five.  not like when i watched it on a huge, heavy tv and a vhs tape.  i wore out this vhs tape.  of course my mom bought a replacement.


i'll get you my pretty!  doesn't this make you want to see this movie right now?  i am officially dying too.  i even have the digitally remaster dvd.  boy how electronics have moved up in the world.  this movie has even sparked me to see the musical version.
although it was wonderful, they changed it some!  they added in two songs there were in the original movie but they were cut during editing.  so, i suppose i don't like things to change much and therefore, i could have lived without the "jitterbug" number.  still, i loved it and would see it again BUT not as much as i want to see wicked again!  i LOVED wicked!!!
have you seen wicked?  if not you should!  it is so creative on how they played the other side of the wizard of oz.  it is from the wicked witch of the west's point of view and shows their childhood until the ending scene of the movie.

it is coming back to my local performing arts center and i simply cannot wait!!!

so, even though this is my favorite movie as a child, it still has molded me today.  i was even dorothy once for halloween, mr. h was the lion and my then roomie was the scarecrow.  it was too much fun.  i loved making and wearing those ruby red slippers.  if i could wear them more often i would.  too bad i left a trail of red glitter everywhere i went.  the hubs couldn't ever seem to get all of it out of his car.  oh well!  they were worth it!!

oh and another little fun fact about me and this movie - during my wedding, my bridesmaids and the mothers came into the ceremony to a piano version of "somewhere over the rainbow".  love.  i still love it!

2 comments:

  1. so we have lots in common! that's my all-time favorite movie, too. my bedroom in high school had two beautifully framed wizard of oz movie posters and i had the striped socks and ruby slippers sticking out from under my bed skirt. a local artist made them-- paper mache!

    and my mom did a wizard of oz christmas tree in my bedroom.

    but the movie had enough suspense to go with the fantasy that it was just perfect!

    and i LOVE wicked! :)

    love this list you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog challenge! I may join in on the fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete